My New Sponsor with Awesome Quality Gear and Unbelievable Deal of The Day!

Friday, September 10, 2010

FANTASY FRENZY: WHO TO START A TOP NOTCH TIGHT END OR A #2 WIDE RECEIVER

When I first started playing fantasy football some 8+ years back, there is no way you could convince me to start a tight end over a decent wide receiver. Times have changed, and so has my thought process. Today's top shelf tight ends are better than most #2 receivers so my draft prep has changed and so has my confidence in tight ends and here is why.

Last season I picked up multiple tight ends off waivers only because I had to start one. They were horrible! They were also on bad teams or second tier at their position. Chris Cooley literally beat me two weeks giving me losses and also opened my eyes for the following years draft. I looked at the position similar to a kicker but not this year. I picked up Shiancoe in the 7th round and Cooley in the 8th. Even though we are no longer required to start a tight end I drafted the two that I feel are primed for big seasons. Shiancoe gave me 14 pts last night as Grandpa Favre gave him many targets and Cooley now has Donovan McNabb tossing him the rock. If the matchup are right I have no problem starting both as receivers and if they both work out I plan to trade one for an extra draft pick next season.

On a side note, my running back was not there for me in the first round so I picked up Carson Palmer in the first round in hopes of trading him for something decent by week 3 or 4. This could backfire but oh well. Have a great fantasy season and stay tuned for Fantasy Frenzy posts on Tuesdays!
You can also follow me on Twitter: supadupaD

NEW FAAS SHOE BY PUMA-GET THAT PUMA GEAR!

PUMA Introduces the Faas Lightweight Running Shoe

Final Triathlon of the 2010 Season

Final Triathlon of the 2010 Season
20lbs lighter and looking forward to next Tri season

Tampa Bay Rays

Tampa Bay Rays
New Leaders in the Clubhouse

SUPPORT OUR NEW SPONSOR-PUMA AND THEIR NEW RUNNING SHOE!

PUMA Introduces the Faas Lightweight Running Shoe