My New Sponsor with Awesome Quality Gear and Unbelievable Deal of The Day!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5K AND TRIATHLON SEASON IS COMING UP, MY RACES ARE STARTING TO ADD UP and so are my training miles

My First 5K of the Season. The Gasparilla 5k. My first sub 23 minute time.



5 am and weekend brick workouts are a way of life. Plain oatmeal with dried fruits and a spoon of peanut butter mixed in for breakfast sounds good too right? Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can swim or bike in the evening before dinner. Sound like fun? Maybe triathlon is for you!
I get a lot of people asking me why I do triathlons, my answer? I'm not exactly sure, but there is something to competing and trying to better my times all while I drop about 20 lbs. My family has a blast at the festivals and the different towns that host the events are fun to visit. They are our family daycations and the kids actually look forward to them this season.

With this being my second season in the sport, I have stepped my game up and jumped from the Sprint format to Olympic Distance racing. It's basically twice the sprint distance. So far I have two major races planned, the St. Anthony's Triathlon in St. Petersburg, Florida and the Nautica NYC Triathlon in New York. I am in the middle of a 18 week training plan leading up to the St. Anthony's Tri. I have sprinkled some sprint triathlons and 5K running races between the two big Tri's to break up my training.

I wish someone introduced me to this sport when I was younger. It may have saved me an ACL, concussions and torn labrum. Maybe. Enjoy your day and run a mile for me today. Will be keeping the blog updated a bit more often from here out.

NEW FAAS SHOE BY PUMA-GET THAT PUMA GEAR!

PUMA Introduces the Faas Lightweight Running Shoe

Final Triathlon of the 2010 Season

Final Triathlon of the 2010 Season
20lbs lighter and looking forward to next Tri season

Tampa Bay Rays

Tampa Bay Rays
New Leaders in the Clubhouse

SUPPORT OUR NEW SPONSOR-PUMA AND THEIR NEW RUNNING SHOE!

PUMA Introduces the Faas Lightweight Running Shoe